HOME > Terms and Conditions
When you make a booking with us the following terms and conditions will apply
This tour is arranged by NANKAI Travel International Co., Ltd. (hereinafter referred to as “the Company”). A client who participates in this tour (hereinafter referred to as “Client”) shall conclude an agent-organized tour contract (hereinafter referred to as “Travel Contract”). The content and conditions for the Travel Contact are subject to those conditions specified in each program on the company’s home page or in recruitment advertisement (brochure), conditions as specified herein, in the final document handed to clients before departure (hereinafter referred to as Confirmation Letter) and in the section of “Agent-organised tour contract” of the company’s “Standard Terms and Conditions of Travel Contracts (hereinafter referred to as “the Company’s Terms Conditions”).
For application for the travel, client has to complete specific Booking Form and attach it to e-mail and send to NANKAI Travel International.
After NANKAI Travel International confirms client’s booking, the company will send Confirmation Letter to clients, which mention the dedicated URL address of online Credit Card Payment (MITSUBISHI UFJ NICOS). To conclude the client’s booking, client has to settle the payment by the online Credit Card Payment “MITSUBISHI UFJ NICOS”. This system is written by in Japanese only. (Please refer to the description of process of Online Credit Card Payment) The company accepts only 2 Credit Card companies such as VISA, MASTERCARD. Please understand that the company cannot accept other Credit Card companies, or debit cardｓ.
After the company confirms that payment was made, the company will send Contract Letter to clients. The Travel Contract will be concluded after the client receives the Contract Letter from the company.
The company accepts reservation for the Travel Contract by e-mail or other communication, too. However, the company can accepts client booking by telephone, facsimile or other communication on or after the 10 days prior to the day preceding the date of commencement of the travel.
If the client has failed to pay the travel fee within the said period, the company deems that there has been no reservation. The Travel Contract comes into effect when the Company has agreeｄ to the conclusion that the contract has received the travel fee.
Any of the clients who requires special care, i.e., suffers from a chronic disease, is presently ill, pregnant, physically handicapped, or other difficulties is requested to mention that effect at the time of application. The company will arrange necessary care that is practicable and reasonable, provided, however, that in some cases the company may request the client to present a health certificate issued by a physician. Depending upon local situations and available support from local medical facilities, the client may be requested to travel accompanied by a personal caregiver/ protector in order to secure the safe and smooth implementation of travel.
Otherwise company may decline the client’s participation.
The cost required for the special measure taken by the company for the client at the request of the client shall be borne by the client.
The company shall deliver to the client a document of itinerary, the contents of travel service, the travel fee, and other conditions for the travel and matters concerning the responsibility of the company.
The company shall deliver the client the Contract Letter stating the final information of the time and place of meeting, and transportation/ accommodation facilities, etc., scheduled to be used not later than the day preceding the date of commencement of the tour, provided.
(If the client wishes book the tour within the 10days prior to the day preceding the date of commencement of the tour, the situation of delivery Contract Letter may be changed).
The client can receive the Travel Voucher at NANKAI Travel International Sightseeing Service Centre (Nankai NANBA Station Bldg 1F).
When the client receives the Travel Voucher, the client needs to present Contract Letter to NANKAI Travel International Sightseeing Service Center and exchange to the Travel Voucher. (Confirmation Letter can not be exchanged to the Travel Voucher).
The company will send the Travel Voucher by mail to the client who lives in Japan only. If you wish to receive the Travel Voucher by mail, please request to us. Also the company will send only the Travel Voucher (the company will not send the Contract Letter).
The company accepts Credit Card payment, if the client applies for the tour from outside of Japan. In this case, the company uses the system of Online Credit Card Payment by “MITSUBISHI UFJ NICOS”.
MITSUBISHI UFJ NICOS is the system of internet Credit Card Payment which is run by NICOS CREDIT SERVICE. Your Credit Card Number will be encoded by SSL
Please use this system without anxiety
The company accepts only 2 Credit Card companies: VISA, MASTERCARD. Payment at convenience store cannot be accepted.
The fares and fees charged by the airline, boat, train or other modes of transportation as written in the itinerary, excluding extra fare or fees charged by the transportation facilities, which are to be charged to all clients only during a certain period and only under certain conditions in order to meet unusual function in standard cost.
Accommodation fees, tax and service charges as indicated in the itinerary.
Meals charges, tax and service charges as indicated in the itinerary.
Charges and expenses other than those specified in the preceding Clause “Included in the Travel Fee” are not included, some of which are listed as follows:
-Excess baggage fare (excess over a certain weight, capacity and number)
-Laundry, telephone, tips for hotel services, additional drinks, or any other expenses of personal nature as well as taxes and services chargers for the above.
-Medical expenses for injuries and illness
-Transportation expenses between clients home and the airport where the tour meets and disbands as well as accommodation expenses on the day prior to the start of the tour and those on the day when the tour ends.
-Fees for using Japan’s domestic airports.
-Fare for “Option Tour”
-Extra fees and fares charged by transportation facilities.
The company may, even after the conclusion of the Travel Contract, change the itinerary or the contents of the Travel Services for any of the following reason: natural calamity or disaster, war, riot, suspension of the services rendered by transportation or accommodation facilities, etc., suspension of the services rendered by “experiences” suppliers with whom the company is affiliated, an order of a government or other public office, provision of transportation services not scheduled in the original operational plan, or any other circumstances in which the company is unable to intervene. If the company deems that such change is unavoidable in order to secure the safe and smooth implementation of the travel, the company shall explain promptly in advance to the client the reason that the event concerned is one which cannot be intervened in and the casual relation with the event concerned; provided, however, that in case of emergency and if it is unavoidable, such explanation will be given after the change has been made.
(1) A client may cancel a Travel Contract at any time on payment to the company of the cancellation fee specified below. In case of canceling a communications contract, the company shall be paid the cancellation fee using a card of the affiliate company without the signature of the client of the prescribed payment letter. The company shall accept the cancellation request during the office hours of the office where the client originally applied for the tour.(The amount of the cancellation fee may vary depending upon the day of notification. It is requested that the client confirm the business day, business hours and the contact person of the office where he/she applied.)
(2) Furthermore, when one part of a group cancels a Travel Contract, the rest of the group will be charged the additional fees (for each unit and room) to make up the difference.
(3) If the client changes the departure date, programs, or decrease the number of participants for his or her convenience, the company shall deem it a cancellation and the specified cancellation fee will be charged on the client.
(1) The company may cancel the Travel Contract for his or her convenience, leaves the tour group for personal reasons temporarily, the company will deem it a waiver and shall not refund any of the Travel Fee.
(2) If after the commencement of the travel, a client has become unable to receive the Travel Services mentioned in the contract document due to causes not attributable to the client, he/ she may cancel that part of the contract for which he/ she has become unable to receive the Travel Services, without payment of the cancellation fee. In this case, the company shall refund the client, out of the travel fee, the amount for that part of the Travel service which he/ she has become unable to receive.
|Date of cancellation||Cancellation Fee|
|If cancellation is made on or after the 20th day (10th day in case of a one day trip) to the 8th day prior to the day preceding the date of commencement of the travel||20% of the Travel Fee|
|If cancellation is made on or after 7th day to the 2nd day prior to the day preceding the date o commencement of the travel||30% of the Travel Fee|
|If cancellation is made on the preceding the date of commencement of the travel||40% of the Travel Fee|
|If cancellation is made on the date of commencement of the travel||50% of the Travel Fee|
|In case of cancellation after the commencement of the travel or of non-participation without communication||100% of the Travel Fee|
If a client has not paid the Travel Fee by the date prescribed by the company, the company may cancel the Travel Contract. In this case, the client shall pay to the company a penalty, the amount of which is equivalent to the cancellation fee.
Depends on each tour
The Company or the Company's Travel agent has caused damage to the Client intentionally or by negligence, the Company shall pay a compensation or solatium. For special damage of baggage, client has to claim within 14 days and the Company shall pay within 150,000 JPY per person (except company occurs intentionally fault or serious fault)
(1) If the company has incurred any damage caused by a client intentionally or by negligence, by such acts of the client that are against laws and regulations or that offend public order and morals, or by the client’s breach of the company’s Terms and Conditions, the Client shall compensate the Company for such damage.
(2) A client is required to make every effort to understand the rights and obligations of the client, as well as other contents of the Travel Contract, making good use of the information supplied by the company.
(3) Should a client have realized that Travel Services different from those mentioned in the contract document have been provided after the commencement of the travel, the client shall promptly notify the company or the provider of the Travel Services concerned to that effect at the place of travel.
Whether or not the Company has caused damage to the Client intentionally or by negligence, the Company shall pay a compensation or a solatium for specific damage which a Client has incurred to his/ her life, person, or baggage caused by contingent or radical accidents while participating in an Agent-Organised Tour, in accordance with the provisions of the Special Compensation Rules.
If an important change in Contract Contents has occurred by any of the following
reasons, the company shall pay the change compensation within 30days of the day
following the date of completion of the travel. The change
compensation will be ratio 1.1 to 1.5 percent time travel fee payable.
Otherwise, the company indemnify the client by providing goods or services that exceed an equivalent of the change compensation instead of cash payment, if the client so agrees.
1. Change in the date of commencement of the travel or the date of completion of the travel mentioned in the Contract Document
2. Change in the sightseeing spots or sightseeing facilities (including restaurants) or to their destinations of the travel to be visited mentioned in the Contract Document
3. Change in the class or the facilities of the transportation facilities to those at a lower charge than that mentioned in the Contract Document (limited to a case where the total amount of the charges for the class and facilities after the change is lower than the total amount of the charges mentioned in the Contract Document )
4. Change in the kind or the name of the company of the transportation facilities mentioned in the Contract Document
5. Change in the kind of room, facilities or view of the room of the accommodation facilities mentioned in the Contract Document
6. Change in the kind or the name of the accommodation facilities mentioned in the Contract Document
7. Change in the kind of room, facilities, view, or any other condition of the room of the accommodation facilities mentioned in the Contract Document
8. Among the changes mentioned in the preceding items through, any change in the matters mentioned in the tour title of the Contract Document
The amount of a change compensation which the company should pay per Travel Contract shall not exceed the amount arrived at by multiplying the Travel Fee by the ratio of 15%.
Furthermore, if the amount of the change compensation which should be paid per Travel Contract is less than 1,000yen, the Company shall not pay any change compensation.
The company shall not pay change compensation if changes were caused by any of the following reasons (provided, however, that compensation shall be paid if a change is caused due to the occurrence of a shortage of seats, rooms, or any other facilities of the transportation and accommodation facilities, etc., despite the fact that the Travel Service are provided by the transportation and accommodation facilities, etc):
(1) Bad weather and natural disaster that hinder the itinerary.
(4) Order of a governmental or other public offices
(5) Suspension of the provision of services by transportation and accommodation facilities, etc., such as cancellation, interruption, suspended operation, etc.
(6) Provision of transport services not according to the original schedule, owing to delays in operation schedules.
(7) Measures necessary for securing the safety of a travel participant’s life or person.
In case of “Communication Contract”
When we receive an application from a card member (hereinafter referred to as “Member”) of the credit card company with which the company is affiliated (hereinafter referred to as “Affiliated Company”) under conditions of “payment of travel fee, cancellation fee etc., without the signature of the Member” (hereinafter referred to as “Communication Contract”, the conditions are as follows: (some travel agencies may not accept credit cards. The type of cards acceptable depends on travel agencies.)
(1) Communications Contract comes into effect at the time the company has issued a notice by telephone or by post to the effect that company agrees to the conclusion of the Travel Contract, (provided, however, that if an electronic acceptance notice such as e-mail, is issued under the contract, the contract enters into effect at the time such Contract Letter has reached the client. At that time of application, the client shall inform the company of the “name of agent-organised tour,” the “date of program participation,” and the “name of a credit card company, the name of the Member, the membership number and the card expiration date,” etc.
(2) A “Card Use Day” means the date on which the client or the company should pay the travel fee, etc. or settle the refund debts of the travel fee, etc. The Card Use Day for the travel fee shall be considered to be “the day on which the travel contract enters into effect.” The Card Use Day for the cancellation fee shall be “the day on which the cancellation of a contract is requested,”
(3) When payment cannot be made by the credit card used by the Member due to a credit reason, etc., the Company shall cancel the Communication Contract and shall be entitled to receive a penalty, the amount of which is equivalent to cancellation fee prescribed by the Company, provided, however, that this shall not apply if the client has paid the travel fee by the date designated by the Company separately by means other than by credit card.
Our company will use your personal information to provide you with travel and travel related products and services. We may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which is was collected, or for a related or ancillary purpose of any one or more of followings:
(1) To manage the client travel information and to keep the travel voucher, the company may disclose client's personal information to NANKAI Sightseeing Service Center.
(2) Servicing our relationship with you by among other things providing updates on promotions and services we think may interest you
(3) Involving you in market research gauging customer satisfaction and seeking feed back regarding our relationship with you
(4) Developing, improving and marketing our products and services
(5) To analyses trends in sales and travel destinations
(6) Regulatory reporting and compliance
The client is able to transfer the client travel status to other client with the company's consent. However, the company charge extra fee to the client which is occurred when the client transfer travel status to other client.
These Terms and Conditions and Travel Fee shall come into effect as of January 1st, 2009, and shall take precedence over previously stated terms and conditions.